Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Pandora insomnia

It's 4 am.

I have always had difficulty sleeping. I'm not really sure why, but I remember my whole life I've never been that great at sleeping at night. I can function just fine in the day. I can even participate in my daughter's preschool class. I am so ready for bed when the time comes around, but I can never fall asleep. It's definitely starting to take a lot out of me. Tonight I am listening to Pandora radio, my 'Default' station. Like I said, I love rock and everything about it. But now I can't turn it off. It calms me down to listen to the beat, the one that took someone so long to compose to turn into a beautiful song. Current song: Bad Day by Fuel

I find myself searching craigslist for random stuff I don't need, Facebook for a status that someone hasn't updated in 5 hours because, yep, they are all sleeping, and checking my email...but who emails in the middle of the night...? i try to remember what I could be looking up that would be relevant to my day to day errands but I draw a blank.

I have started applying for jobs. So far phlebotomy is proving promising. No one will hire me as a medical assistant in Indiana until i have my degree. I had a job offer back home, but it was offered after Josh had already left for Indiana. (BOOOO!!!) I am holding out for that, but phlebotomy is so much fun. i so want to get my 'big-girl' job. I am tired of working for minimum wage. i am worth so much more than that. Don't get me wrong, I would never completely blow it off. Any money is better than no money. I liked the people I worked with, just a little more drama than I was comfortable with. A few apps are being reviewed as I write, so I remain hopeful to wear my scrubs again soon.

It is now 4:25. Really think I should get some sleep before my hungry little pee monsters wake up for the day. Just hope I can not get distracted on the way.

Until next time,

Sandy




No comments:

Post a Comment